sobota, 29 lutego 2020

Anger at work - ways of mastering it

I had a very nervous situation at work today. The client came with a bad attitude and spilled all her bitterness for the faulty jewelry on me. She didn't want to listen to my explanations and the rules of taking returns. However, I remained calm, which resulted in the end of threats to talk to my boss repeated by my client.
When the client left the shop, a colleague asked how it was possible that I was so calm. She would have shown annoyance a long time ago. Here are my ways.
1. Focus all your energy on your facial expressions. Don't let one grimace slip through it. The face is to be a perfectly clean mask. Believe me, in stressful situations it takes so much concentration that you forget about the unpleasant atmosphere around you.
2. Calm yourself down. Keep telling yourself that nothing happened. Add a compliment that will lift your spirits. For example, I am competent enough to get out of this situation.
3. If you can, leave the room for a moment. go out for a short walk to calm down and think about it. Take a few deep breaths, gather your thoughts and go back to your room to finish the conversation. Better to leave the room than make enemies. In anger, you can say a few words too many, and then regret it.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Is karma a bitch?

Karma is a term that has already become a permanent feature in the dictionary of most people. This philosophy of life, which originated in t...