niedziela, 24 maja 2020

Update

The current situation definitely affects me in a strange way - not only I have nothing to write about on the blog, but I'm also starting to feel more and more frequent nostalgia. After numerous posts describing things that I am interested in personally, I found that it is time to show what my head is really busy lately.

First of all, I started to think more and more about holidays. Probably because I am really tired of the amount of homework and exams. But I also feel an incredible need for freedom. Sure, I can get out! But I can't go as far away from it as I want. This year I was planning to visit my friends in the Netherlands and fly to Greece for two weeks, but all plans failed. I'm starting to dream of a good old holiday with my familie by the sea when we ate waffles for lunch and dinner and swam at sunset. We always came home tanned, smelling of salty sea water and covered with henna tattoos. What a time...

Then I have to admit, I've aged a few years during those few months. Like in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.  I started to cook a lot and bake, the smallest mess started to bother me and I clean up pedantically. I started to browse the plant shops and plan the jungle in my apartment. I still love Bridget Jones movies and once a month I watch one of the parts or read a book - that will never change.

I keep coming back to my childhood with thoughts - nostalgia haunts me. I see this period as the happiest and freest period of my life. I'm looking for ball shaped chewing gum in stores. They used to be sold for pieces, but now I can't go anywhere. Hubba bubbas aren't available either. I listen to once beloved bands and vocalists - Backstreet Boys or Avril Lavigne. I'm probably driving my roommate crazy with this, although she definitely sings the choir in I want it that way.

I try to get out of the house often - after all, I can see my friends not only on facetime. I hope this brings me back to normal.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Is karma a bitch?

Karma is a term that has already become a permanent feature in the dictionary of most people. This philosophy of life, which originated in t...