czwartek, 30 kwietnia 2020

Dreams during quarantine

Yesterday, I woke up scared, having a restless breath and it wasn't the first time that this has happened to me. I've been locked up for almost two months now & I've had terrible dreams many times. It hasn't happened to me since I was a child, because I implemented the technique of reproducing the positive moments from the whole day just before falling asleep. However, the frequency of nightmares worried me so much that I decided to investigate the subject.
That's how I came across an interview published in USA Today. Ian Wallace, the psychologist who specializes in dreams, has returned to the consequences of confinement. One of the most observed phenomena is the memory of dreams. Indeed, people who normally never remember their dreams in the morning have very clear memories of their dreams at the moment. For Ian Wallace, this can be explained by the new rhythm of daily life in confinement. This new routine provides the brain with time and space to record new information, which is normally evacuated automatically upon awakening.
Another fact observed by the psychologist and witnessed by many people (who confirmed it on social networks) is the intensity of dreams. This is completely normal, and it is due to the heightened emotions during the Coronavirus pandemic. Dreams express the concerns of reality. No wonder then that during the period of intense stress we are experiencing due to the Coronavirus epidemic, dreams are darker than usual. Nightmares are the fear of the unknown.
It seems there's nothing we can do about it right now. The only way to manage it is to look ahead with optimism.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Is karma a bitch?

Karma is a term that has already become a permanent feature in the dictionary of most people. This philosophy of life, which originated in t...